Blue By You
CHARLOTTE, NC – January 5, 2009 – Sirona Dental Systems, LLC (Nasdaq: SIRO), the company that pioneered digital impressions more than 20 years ago and the world’s leading producer of dental CAD/CAM systems, today launched the CEREC AC (Acquisition Center) powered by Bluecam, which marks a significant technological advance in chairside CAD/CAM.
At the heart of CEREC AC is the Bluecam handheld acquisition camera, which uses a highly visible blue light LED (light emitting diode) to capture digital impressions. Sirona’s Bluecam is superior to other digital impression technologies on the market:
• Captures more detail than any other camera on the market
• Easier and shorter acquisition times because the camera acquires the image automatically—it senses the right time to capture the image, and does so without intervention from the user
• Provides a uniform field of illumination for increased precision
• Captures half-arch and full-arch impressions with unparalleled speed — half-arch impression in 40 seconds; full-arch impressions in 2 minutes.
The optics used in the Bluecam handheld camera have been optimized for a higher depth of field and accuracy, and have been coupled with increased computing power to display the most crisp, detailed digital impressions possible, which yield the most precise 3D digital models.
According to Sirona Dental Systems, LLC USA President Michael Augins, “CEREC AC uses advanced blue light LED technology to harness the full potential of digital impression taking. Thanks to Bluecam, capturing half-arch and full-arch impressions and then creating multi-unit restorations of the highest esthetic quality is a reality. CEREC AC also provides dentists with a variety of configuration, budget price point and practice integration options, thus making CAD/CAM available for everyone.”
CEREC AC is designed to meet the needs of any dental practice. It is the only CAD/CAM system that delivers access to efficient, precise, and affordable CAD/CAM solutions, including the newly-introduced Pay as You Go pricing option. CEREC AC provides dentists with access to a multitude of CAD/CAM advantages not available from any other CAD/CAM manufacturer, including the following:
• The most comprehensive array of CAD/CAM solutions available
• Connectivity with current and future digital dental technologies, processes, and procedures
• Full-range capability – Everything from single-tooth to full-arch digital impressions
CEREC AC powered by Bluecam has been thoroughly field-tested and clinician comments have been unanimously positive.* According to Dr. Sameer Puri from Tarzana, California, “The CEREC AC is very precise and efficient. The image quality is extremely clean and it produces highly accurate restorations. The ease with which images can be captured is a major advance— anything from a single tooth to half an arch can be captured very quickly and precisely. Having used the CEREC AC for a while, I cannot imagine practicing without it.”
CEREC AC powered by Bluecam is available immediately for sale exclusively through Patterson Dental.